What One Should Look for in a Halloween Store
With Halloween fast approaching, Halloween stores will be popping up all over the place. So what should you look for when you find a Halloween store? Here are some tips and tricks to make your experience at the Halloween store the most enjoyable.
- Look for a store that is large and has a great deal of items for sale. Do not just go to a store that has costumes. Look for a store that has it all. Costumes, shoes, accessories, props, makeup, etc. When you go to a store that has more, it could spark an idea for your costume.
- Dressing rooms. Look for a store that allows you to try on the costume first. Have you ever bought a costume, assuming it would fit nicely on you only to find out once you got home, you looked like a beached whale in it or the skirt was too short and the pants were too long. Halloween is designed to have fun, but can you really have fun when you are tripping over your pants or your stomach is sticking out and you are constantly having to adjust it?
- Pick a store that has a variety of costumes. Yes all stores can have a pirate costume, but do they offer variations of it? The best stores have the widest selections of Halloween costumes.
- Go to a store that has knowledgeable staff. The staff should be able to tell you when arriving if they have a certain look you are going for, or if there is a brand of makeup that will work for you. They should be able to help you select the accessories to go with the costume as well, such as a sword for the pirate. A good store associate will ask if you need any help, offer to show you to the dressing room, and ask if you have purchased everything to make the look yours.
- Find a store that will accept returns. Lets face it, you might think you have the costume for you, only to decide shortly before Halloween that the look is really not you and you would like to be something else. This is where a store that accepts returns comes in handy.
- If you are shopping online, go to a store that offers many pictures of the costume. It is nice to be able to see the costume on a person, from different angles. Also helpful is to see the exact costume on a few different body types so you can easily compare it to your body type.
- And finally, when shopping online, look for stores that offer free shipping. Many will offer this if you spend X amount of dollars. But by the time you purchase your costume and any accessories that you need to make Halloween night a success, you have hit the X amount of dollars to spend for free shipping.